Pages

5.243 Spaghetti with Oyster Mushrooms in Sardine Oil

-Cycle 5, Item 243-
5 (Fri) September 2014

-Spanish-
Spaghetti with Oyster Mushrooms in Sardine Oil

3.0

by me

in my apartment

-Ermita, Manila-

solo

Inspired by my recent trip to Spain, I whipped up an impromptu/improvised pasta dish that incorporated many ingredients that I'd brought back from Spain (see for example 5.201 Livin' La Vida Española).  With the oil in a jar of sardines, I sautéed minced garlic, onion, bell pepper, pickled chilies, green olives, parsley, along with dashes of dried oregano, paprika, black pepper, salt, then tossed in whole grain spaghetti and oyster mushrooms, drizzle of EVOO and sprinkle of parsley to finish.  Simple and light, yet rich and wholesome--very Spanish in essence.*

[*When I described the dish to Carmen, she said that she would never do anything like it, that perhaps no Spaniard would, but if it seemed Spanish to me, then okay.]

No comments:

Post a Comment