Pages

5.360 Mul Naeng Myeon


-Cycle 5, Item 360-
31 (Wed) December 2014

-Korean-
Mul Naeng Myeon

4.0

at Samwon Garden

-Nonhyeon, Seoul-

with the family and the folks

The Prodigal Son Returns to Welcome the New Year, Day 3 (see previously 5.360 Jaengban Ban).

After spending Christmas with the family in the Philippines (see most recently 5.357 Chicago Cowboy Steak), I've come back with them to Korea to celebrate the New Year, arriving Monday night, returning to Manila on Saturday evening.

Whereas the mul naengmyeon here (see generally 4.308 Mul Naengmyeon) has consistently capped out at a 3.5 rating (see most recently 5.083 Mul Naengmyeon), probably because of a lingering prejudice on my part against MNM that isn't strictly PYS, technically CS-PYS (see generally 4.261 Pyongyang (Mul) Naengmyeon), I've finally decided to give this dish the full 4.0 that it deserves.  Personal preferences aside, this may objectively be the best MNM in Seoul.

Perfect meal to wrap an excellent year.

The following is a geographic breakdown of where I spent 2014 (unit: days):

Philippines: 259
Republic of Korea: 55
Taiwan: 3
Japan: 5
Lao PDR: 3
Fiji: 6
Hong Kong: 2
Spain: 7
Thailand: 4
Papua New Guinea: 7
Australia: 7

That's 12 countries, including 12 cities that I experienced for the first time (Mabini, Tagaytay, Taipei, Kobe, Osaka, Nadi, Suva, Getxo, Bilbao, Barcelona, Port Moresby, Melbourne), not counting 4 cities that I touched in transit, even though I did register meals in them (Frankfurt, Munich, Hanoi, Doha).

Can't wait to see where 2015 will take me.

4 comments:

  1. i've been in trial since early december but now i'm resurfacing. reading your blog still. D and I are adorable as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trial? anything interesting? how many times do you get to say "OBJECTION!" were your objections sustained? did you say "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury..." in your closing statement? did you win?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trial? Yes.
    Anything interesting? Yes but not appropriate for discussion here.
    Objections: A lot! Especially because we had 4 weeks of testimony alone. Yes they were sustained many times, overruled sometimes too.
    I absolutely said "ladies and gentlemen of the jury" in the opening statement and in closing argument.
    I won overall, but wanted to win more so that wasn't as satisfying as i wanted.
    CK had to second chair on this one. That was cool asking him to find me stuff so that I can argue it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. getting to boss CK around, especially in court, you've made it baby!

    ReplyDelete